Wednesday, February 20, 2013

In the spending-money-I-dont-have-and-everything-will-be-returned-anyway, I ordered this sweater. Cotton, on sale, and dotted. Again, will probably be returned like everything else. But you know.. this is what happens when you are stuck home for the winter..

In other news.. We tried a very gentle 'sleep training' last night which consisted of planned feedings (12am, 4am) instead if every 2-3 hours as it has been for the last few nights. Louai would get up with the baby and rock him until he calmed down.. Well.. that took far longer than either one of us planned. It would be 30 minutes of rocking, put him down and off he would go again. At 4 when we finally put him in bed with us, he slept LIKE A BABY until 8.. So, here I go again with the internal argument.. I know that most of the world bed-shares.. I also think that of course, why wouldn't your little baby who spent so long in your body, want to sleep nuzzled up to their mama and papa? But I'm not 100% convinced mainly because I don't sleep so well.. which, I guess is the point, you are supposed to sleep lightly when the baby is in bed with you. but as he gets bigger and kicks and moves and turns sideways, Im seeing the little boy in bed with us with a foot in my mouth and a finger in L's eye and it gets me a little nervous..

So ultimately, I don't think there is any right way to do anything. I am always having an internal battle - hence why the baby sleeps with us half the night.. Half of me wants my bed, the other half wants to share it..

Its crazy how you make this amazing baby but the decisions on your parenting start right away.

Oh and don't worry, I didn't buy the shorts..

No comments:

Post a Comment